Children and Family Ministries Coordinator
Shelton Presbyterian Church
1430 Shelton Springs Rd ∙PO Box 2510 ∙360.432.8696 ∙ www.sheltonpres.org
Shelton Presbyterian Church is seeking a part-time (12-15 hours/week) Children & Family Ministries Coordinator. This person will lead a team of volunteers to promote and nurture the faith formation in our children (Birth- 5th Grade) and families.
Duties: The Children & Family Ministries Coordinator will lead the way in creating and sustaining a place where…
• Children experience the love of God
• Learning environment is safe, inviting and effective
• Parents are nurtured and equipped for the task of parenting in a household of faith
• Volunteers are recruited, trained and celebrated
• Maintain necessary records and provides appropriate documentation for program participants and volunteers including but not limited to background checks, permission slips, health forms, attendance databases and program calendars.
• Attend Committee and Session meetings as appropriate (or necessary) as an advocate for children and family ministries.
• The congregation is informed and engaged in our common ministry with children and families.
• People collaborate and work as partners in the ministry of the whole church.
• The community recognizes our ministry with children and families.
• Implement at least one family activity per Quarter
Responsibilities: In the administration of the above duties, the Children & Family Ministries Coordinator can expect to…
• Administer and supervise core programs and events (Sunday School, VBS, etc.)
• Evaluate, determine and augment curriculum and resources as necessary.
• Recruit, train and lead team of volunteers in our ministries with children and families
• Create and administer necessary budgets, supplies and resources
• Communicate the work of the children and family ministries throughout the congregation and community
• Create and lead ways to involve our community in the ministries of Shelton Presbyterian Church
• Participate in Staff Meetings and work collegially for the health of the entire congregation.
• Develop and supervise work of volunteers
Qualifications: The person we are looking to hire for this position will:
• Have a vibrant and growing commitment to Jesus Christ and can communicate that faith effectively to others.
• Exhibit an enthusiasm for ministry with children and families, and the role the congregation can play in the development of both.
• Have a Bachelor’s post high school degree or equivalent experience in Early Childhood or Elementary Education, Theology or other ministry-related field.
• Exhibit strong organizational, management and leadership skills.
• Communicate effectively with individuals as well as with large groups of all ages.
• Work well with teams.
• Demonstrate familiarity with social media platforms to enhance ministry.
• Thrive in the ever-changing needs and environment of a growing and vibrant congregation.
• Assist with connecting newcomers to our community.
Accountability: Accountable to the Sr. Pastor as head of staff and to the Session.
Evaluation: Performance reviews will be conducted at least annually by the Sr. Pastor and reviewed and archived by the Personnel Ministry Committee. Sr. Pastor will conduct the final annual review for the Children and Family Ministries Coordinator position. The Session will annually review the adequacy of compensation.
Requirements: Must pass background, drug and fingerprint checks. Be willing to work Sunday mornings and evenings as needed.
Compensation: In the first year of employment, the Children and Family Ministries Coordinator will receive…
• $20 per hour - 12 - 15 hours per week
• 2 weeks vacation