Sunday School Teacher needed for Umoja Presbyterian Church Tacoma Sunday mornings only. 10:30 am to 1:30 pm.
We are looking for a mature Christian who is able to provide a bible lesson, art/craft, oversee and care for our church kids.
We have a fully stocked classroom with all needed supplies and snacks.
In order to develop FAN’s interfaith network into a more powerful voice for justice, we are expanding our staff capacity to organize across the state. FAN will be hiring a full-time organizer to help lead our efforts to build our networks of Advocating Faith Communities, individuals, and partner organizations, especially in legislative districts where additional education, advocacy, and mobilization is needed.
Click here to see a full job description. Applicants should email a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references to email@example.com. The position will remain open until July 28.
Trinity Presbyterian Church seeks qualified candidates for the Designated Associate Pastor of Community Engagement as we fulfill our mission of "Living the Gospel in the heart of Tacoma." This position focuses on providing leadership to Trinity's current outreach programs, the development of the Bryant Neighborhood Center, and pastoral leadership for Trinity's ongoing commitment to transformational presence in the Bryant Neighborhood. To learn more about the position, click here. Preferred application deadline, Friday, August 18, 2017.
PURPOSE: To engage, equip and encourage staff, volunteers, pastors and people through demonstrating hospitality, warmth, and connection. To coordinate meetings and meetups throughout NWC Presbytery ensuring participants’ preparation to engage. And to provide assistance to Executive Presbyter and Stated Clerk as needed.
Promote through your work and attitude the mission of NWC Presbytery which is “to engage, equip and encourage congregations and their leaders, dispersed yet connected throughout the region, as together we faithfully serve Jesus Christ to transform the world.”
Those interested in applying should submit a cover letter along with their resume or PIF addressed to Dr. Corey Schlosser-Hall, Executive Presbyter, 1010 East Casino Road, Everett, WA 98203 by July 12, 2017.
Send cover letter and resume as PDF files to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Immanuel Presbyterian Church is an inclusive, thoughtful, creative and involved Christian community. We are seeking a person called to minister to youth, children and families in our progressive congregation.
Purpose of the Position:
To grow the ministry to youth, sustain and strengthen children’s ministries, and develop a ministry with families.
* Create a connection with our youth and build engaging programming that helps them explore and deepen their spiritual lives. This ranges from weekly youth group to mission activities.
* Sustain and strengthen our Sunday School program, engaging and enabling congregation members to teach Sunday School.
* Build on our tradition of Wild Goose Adventures, a week-long opportunity that engages children with a theme related to our faith (summer).
* Engage with our church and local community on issues relevant to our families and faith.
* Develop innovative, engaging activities with youth, children and families.
* Craft and coordinate a confirmation program for our youth.
* Coordinate and supervise nursery staff, providing age-appropriate lessons for this age group.
* Communicate with families, the congregation, the Children and Youth Ministries (CYM) Committee, the minister and administrative assistant.
* Attend monthly CYM Committee meetings.
We seek a director who has a demonstrated commitment to Christian education and the development of youth and children. Because we are seeking depth in our programs and experiences, a theological background is required. Specifically, a bachelor’s degree in Christian education or the equivalent is desired, as is at least three years of experience in a similar role. The director should understand and be able to express her or his own Christian life and faith.
We seek a director who can make a multi-year commitment to our community, youth and children.
Experience and commitment to youth is prioritized. While the ideal candidate also demonstrates proficiency with children and Sunday School programming, a willingness to grow in this area would be considered.
Specific qualities we seek are:
* understanding of the emotional, intellectual and spiritual needs of children and youth
* interpersonal and communication skills (with adults, youth and children)
* ability to work independently and with others
Commitment and Compensation:
20 hours per week: Sunday mornings, some evenings, other hours are flexible.
Salary: $25,000-$30,000 per year, depending on experience (tentative).
Please send a letter that describes your interest in this position with your resume and three references to email@example.com.
About Immanuel Presbyterian Church:
Immanuel Presbyterian Church (www.ipctacoma.org) is a theologically progressive church in Tacoma, Wash.'s historic North End. We believe
* That everyone is a child of God, loved extravagantly in the midst of any and all life circumstances, lifestyles and life choices.
* That God's love for us calls us to love others through caring relationships and service, especially to the poor and marginalized.
* That exploring the sacred within a community is an important part of identity formation and is integral to our emotional, intellectual, moral, creative and spiritual growth.
* That playfulness, compassion and joy are central to our community and to what we believe about God's intention for a full, holy human life.