Please join in praying for the following:
Family & friends of Rev. Robert (Bob) Olmsted (HR) - upon his death on Tues, November 21. Prayers especially for his wife, Marge during this time of grief. A memorial service will be held on Sat, Dec. 2 at 1pm at Agnus Dei Lutheran Church (Gig Harbor).
Rev. Iris W. Martin (HR) - who celebrated 95 years of life on Thanksgiving Day. All of her children and grandchildren and great grandchildren gathered to celebrate her birthday. Iris is in very good health and actively participating in her Assisted Living Community Clearwater Springs in Vancouver, WA and the Salmon Creek United Methodist Church. Iris now has a hearing aid so is much better equipped to hold a thoughtful conversation. Cards of congratulations can be sent to 201 NW 78th St., #118, Vancouver, WA 98665.
Jeani Shofer (Commissioned Ruling Elder/Commissioned Lay Pastor, First Pres. Hoquiam) - as Jeani prepares to begin chemo for stage 2 ovarian cancer. Prayers for Jeani, and her husband, Ed, during this time.
Rev. Glen Hutchinson (HR) - as he has suffered injuries from a car accident, and faces many health challenges. Prayers for Glen and his wife, Rena.
Rev. Gary Mathiesen (HR) and his wife, Mary - as they end 26 years of ministry at Shepherd of the Hill in Puyallup. Prayers for them both in this new season of transition.
Umoja (uh-MOH-jah) Presbyterian - as this Kenyan immigrant community settles into their new location at Westminster, Tacoma, and delights in the arrival of their new pastor, Rev. Geoffrey Nyaga and his wife, Nancy!
NWC at WCCW (WA Corrections Center for Women) - The Guide Team was named by the Presbytery as the Search Team for the Organizing Pastor for this unique ministry of creating a worshipping community within the prison itself.
Little Church on the Prairie - as it launched a new worshipping community called “Lakewood Grace,” at the Harrison Prep School in Lakewood at 11AM NOW every Sunday of the month. READ MORE...
The following churches in Pastoral Transition:
- Shepherd of the Hill-Puyallup: as they said goodbye to Rev. Gary Mathiesen, pastor there for 26 years, who retired on October 1, 2017. Rev. Heather James will serve as their Temporary Supply Pastor while they continue their search for a Transitional Pastor.
- Mission Woods-Milton: as they installed Rev. John Murphy as their called pastor on October 22.
- Trinity, Tacoma - as Candidate Rod Nash will be ordained and installed as the Designated Associate Pastor on Dec. 10 (5pm)
- Ocean Beach-Seaview: as their new pastor, Rev. Greg Ikehara-Martin begins on Dec. 1.
- Westminster-Olympia: as they continue to work with Transitional Pastor, Rev. Dr. Martha Greene, and form a PNC
- Chapel by the Sea-Moclips: as their PNC begins work
- Packwood Community - as they partner with Rev. Mark White as their Temporary Supply Pastor and determine next steps with COM.
- Cornerstone, Olympia - as they continue to work with Transitional Pastor, Rev. George Gilchrist, and their PNC begins its work.
- University Place: as they welcomed Rev. Michael Moffitt in June as their Interim Associate Pastor.
Rev. Johnsong Lee (Member at large) - as he faces some serious health concerns
Delores Unruh, surviving spouse of Rev. Elden Unruh - as she recovers from recent surgery and a broken ankle
The members of Westminster Presbyterian Church of Tacoma - as they seek new church homes after the closure of Westminster, Tacoma on April 16.
The members of the Administrative Commission for Westminster Tacoma - as they seek to faithfully respond to the commission given to them by the Presbytery in March 2017, a part of which is to determine what God might be calling forth in that neighborhood regarding future uses of the building.
Sound View Camp - as the camp completed its first summer camping season with its new staff. Prayers for the Sound View Board and Staff as they continue to work with consultant David Lee, and discern how God might use the Sound View camp in the future.
If you have a Prayer Request to share or update with the Presbytery of Olympia, please email email@example.com.