Please join in praying for the following:
Ruling Elder Sid Olson (United Churches of Olympia) - as he has entered hospice care after a recent diagnosis of lung cancer. Prayers for Sid and his family, especially his wife, Ann. Sid has served the Presbytery for many years as the Recording Clerk.
Rev. Christine Long - as she began the half-time Executive Presbyter position on April 1.
The members of Westminster Presbyterian Church of Tacoma - as they seek new church homes after the closure of Westminster, Tacoma on April 16.
The members of the Administrative Commission for Westminster Tacoma - as they seek to faithfully respond to the commission given to them by the Presbytery in March 2017, a part of which is to determine what God might be calling forth in that neighborhood regarding future uses of the building.
Rev. Jeff Bursch & family - as Jeff is on sabbatical from Shelton this summer. Prayers for a time of rest and renewal.
The following churches in Pastoral Transition:
- Westminster-Olympia: as they continue to work with Transitional Pastor, Rev. Dr. Martha Greene
- Ocean Beach-Seaview: as their PNC begins work
- Mission Woods-Milton: as they continue to work with Transitional Pastor, Rev. John Murphy, and their PNC is deep into its work.
- Chapel by the Sea-Moclips: as their PNC begins work
- Packwood Community - as they say goodbye to their Student Pastor Paul Davidson (Candidate from Santa Barbara Presbytery) and determine next steps with COM.
- Cornerstone, Olympia - as they continue to work with Transitional Pastor, Rev. George Gilchrist. Prayers for this time of rebuilding.
- The Umoja church - the Umoja congregation continues to reach out to the Kenyan immigrant community in the South Sound area. Prayers for this community as they begin the process of securing a new pastoral leader.
- University Place: as they welcome Rev. Michael Moffitt in June as their Interim Associate Pastor.
Shepherd of the Hill-Puyallup: as they prepare to say goodbye to Rev. Gary Mathiesen, pastor there for 26 years, as he plans to retire after October 1, 2017.
Ruling Elder, Shelley Dahl (Seattle Presbytery) - as Shelley recently received a diagnosis of pancreatic cancer, and is undergoing treatment. Shelley has been a longtime friend of Olympia Presbytery in her former role as the COM Moderator for Seattle Presbytery.
Sound View Camp - as the Board welcomes its new staff of the camp: Kurt Sample and James Goodman.
Little Church on the Prairie - as it launches a new worshipping community called “Lakewood Grace,” at the Harrison Prep School in Lakewood at 4:44pm on NOW every Sunday of the month. READ MORE...
If you have a Prayer Request to share or update with the Presbytery of Olympia, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.