Please join in praying for the following:
Ruling Elder Sid Olson (United Churches of Olympia) - as he has received a recent diagnosis of lung cancer. Prayers for Sid and his family as they learn more about the situation and the options before them. Sid has served the Presbytery for many years as the Recording Clerk.
Rev. Christine Long - as she begins the half-time Executive Presbyter position on April 1.
The members of Westminster Presbyterian Church of Tacoma - as they seek new church homes after the closure of Westminster, Tacoma on April 16.
The members of the Administrative Commission for Westminster Tacoma - as they seek to faithfully respond to the commission given to them by the Presbytery in March 2017, a part of which is to determine what God might be calling forth in that neighborhood regarding future uses of the building.
The following churches in Pastoral Transition:
- Westminster-Olympia: as they continue to work with Transitional Pastor, Rev. Dr. Martha Greene
- Ocean Beach-Seaview: as their PNC begins work
- Mission Woods-Milton: as they continue to work with Transitional Pastor, Rev. John Murphy, and their PNC is deep into its work.
- Chapel by the Sea-Moclips: as their PNC begins work
- Packwood Community - as they say goodbye to their Student Pastor Paul Davidson (Candidate from Santa Barbara Presbytery) in May and determine next steps with COM.
- Cornerstone, Olympia - as they continue to work with Transitional Pastor, Rev. George Gilchrist. Prayers for this time of rebuilding.
- The Umoja church - the Umoja congregation continues to reach out to the Kenyan immigrant community in the South Sound area. Prayers for this community as they begin the process of securing a new pastoral leader.
- University Place: as they welcome Rev. Michael Moffitt in June as their Interim Associate Pastor.
Shepherd of the Hill-Puyallup: as they prepare to say goodbye to Rev. Gary Mathiesen, pastor there for 26 years, as he plans to retire after October 1, 2017.
Ruling Elder, Shelley Dahl (Seattle Presbytery) - as Shelley recently received a diagnosis of pancreatic cancer, and is undergoing treatment. Shelley has been a longtime friend of Olympia Presbytery in her former role as the COM Moderator for Seattle Presbytery.
Sound View Camp - as the Board welcomes its new staff of the camp: Kurt Sample and James Goodman.
Little Church on the Prairie - as it launches a new worshipping community called “Lakewood Grace,” at the Harrison Prep School in Lakewood at 4:44pm on NOW every Sunday of the month. READ MORE...
If you have a Prayer Request to share or update with the Presbytery of Olympia, please email email@example.com.