Please join in praying for the following:
Family & friends of Dolores Unruh - upon Dolores' death on December 28. Dolores was married to Rev. Elden Unruh, who pastored for many years in this Presbytery. View her obituary HERE.
Jeani Shofner (Commissioned Ruling Elder/Commissioned Pastor, First Pres. Hoquiam) - as Jeani undergoes chemo for stage 2 ovarian cancer. Prayers for Jeani, and her husband, Ed, during this time.
Family & friends of Rev. Robert (Bob) Olmsted (HR) - upon his death on November 21. Prayers especially for his wife, Marge during this time of grief.
Rev. Iris W. Martin (HR) - who celebrated 95 years of life on Thanksgiving Day. All of her children and grandchildren and great grandchildren gathered to celebrate her birthday. Iris is in very good health and actively participating in her Assisted Living Community Clearwater Springs in Vancouver, WA and the Salmon Creek United Methodist Church. Iris now has a hearing aid so is much better equipped to hold a thoughtful conversation. Cards of congratulations can be sent to 201 NW 78th St., #118, Vancouver, WA 98665.
Umoja (uh-MOH-jah) Presbyterian - as this Kenyan immigrant community settles into their new location at Westminster, Tacoma, and delights in the arrival of their new pastor, Rev. Geoffrey Nyaga and his wife, Nancy!
NWC at WCCW (WA Corrections Center for Women) - As the Guide Team conducts a search for the Organizing Pastor for this unique ministry of creating a worshipping community within the prison itself.
Little Church on the Prairie - as it launched a new worshipping community called “Lakewood Grace,” at the Harrison Prep School in Lakewood at 11AM NOW every Sunday of the month. READ MORE...
The following churches in Pastoral Transition:
- Fircrest - as Rev. Julie Johnson will be installed as their Designated Pastor on January 28 (3pm)
- Trinity, Tacoma - as Rod Nash was ordained and installed as the Designated Associate Pastor on Dec. 10
- Shepherd of the Hill-Puyallup: as they welcome Rev. Heather James as their Transitional Pastor.
- Ocean Beach-Seaview: as they welcomed their new pastor, Rev. Greg Ikehara-Martin on Dec. 1. Installation service to be scheduled in Spring 2018.
- Westminster-Olympia: as they continue to work with Transitional Pastor, Rev. Dr. Martha Greene, and the PNC is underway.
- Chapel by the Sea-Moclips: as they partner with Rev. Jan Van Pelt (UCC), and their PNC begins work
- Packwood Community - as they partner with Rev. Mark White as their Temporary Supply Pastor and seek a Designated Pastor.
- Cornerstone, Olympia - as they continue to work with Transitional Pastor, Rev. George Gilchrist, and their PNC begins its work.
- University Place: as they welcomed Rev. Michael Moffitt in June as their Interim Associate Pastor.
The members of Westminster Presbyterian Church of Tacoma - as they seek new church homes after the closure of Westminster, Tacoma (Easter 2017).
The members of the Administrative Commission for Westminster Tacoma - as they seek to faithfully respond to the commission given to them by the Presbytery in March 2017, a part of which is to determine what God might be calling forth in that neighborhood regarding future uses of the building.
Sound View Camp - as the camp completed its first summer camping season with its new staff. Prayers for the Sound View Board and Staff as they continue to work with consultant David Lee, and discern how God might use the Sound View camp in the future.
If you have a Prayer Request to share or update with the Presbytery of Olympia, please email email@example.com.